Thursday 11 August 2016

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Lula !

Today we are welcoming back Lula as our Guest Designer. Lula is not a stranger here at Stamps and Stencils and it's always a pleasure to share her fabulous work.



Hallo Everybody,I am thrilled to have been invited to guest design for Stamps and Stencils. Thanks bunches Ladies for this opportunity!

My name is Lucyna Marynowska, aka Lula. I come from the north of Poland. Fifty-seven, retired widow, mum of two grown up boys and a happy grandma. I started my crafting journey 4 years ago as a card maker and immediately became an addicted paper-lover. After my husband's death it was crafting what helped me to conquer the pain.  I enjoy creating anything from cards to altered art. I love to experiment with various types of mediums. I love challenges to spark my creativity and I making crafty friends all over the world makes me very happy. You can find my creative project on my blog: http://ululi.blogspot.com/



My take on the theme TIME TO TAKE FLIGHT is a butterfly sitting on altered  round, wooden box. I started with gluing some paper pieces which I have stamped before.  I have also inked all the edges.



 Then I prepared the gypsum head with hair from wool, all covered with brown powertex. I added some beads in the hair too.


Now it was time for wings. I fussy cut  a butterfly, than decided to use only a part of it.


 I stamped it, added some texture paste through the stencil and embellished it with some small chipboard butterflies.


  It was later sprayed with some mists and painted with metal paint.


 I arranged the butterfly on the top of my box, added some chipboards pieces, beads and the word,,dream''


 I'm sure you'll all agree that Lula's project is fabulous ! You still have time to join in with the current challenge, Time to take flight, and Lula's project has provided you with lots more inspiration.


8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful transformation Lula.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work! Love the patchwork effect and fabulous step outs too Lula, thanks so much for joining us. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lula, this is one AMAZING project! The paper alone is beautiful, and the added elements really make this outstanding! We are so thankful that you joined us again and shared your creativity and inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing transformation Lula, and a fantastic take on the theme ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely amazing Lula - love this to pieces! hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning mixed media piece!!! Very clever project and beautiful box Lula, and it was lovely to read your presentation and know you, thank you! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic piece. Love the transformation of the box with your stamped paper but that butterfly is over-the-top gorgeous.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lula! What A fantastic transformation. I love the way you have layered the paper on the box and the butterfly wing with that fabulous face with the surrounding fibres and beads is just gorgeous I've been quite tempted by Powertex and what you have done here is tempting me even more! Thankyou for being our guest designer and creating such a fabulous project. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete